How to turn on and manage AirDrop in iOS 11
While you’ll still manage AirDrop through Control Center in iOS 11, the process is a bit different from what you’ve come to expect.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to launch Control Center.
- Press firmly (iPhone 6s or newer) or press and hold (iPads or older iPhones) on the wireless control box on the upper left side of Control Center.
- Tap on AirDrop.
- Choose who can send things to you through AirDrop by tapping Receiving Off, Contacts Only, or Everyone.
How to share files with AirDrop on iOS 11
If you’re a regular user of AirDrop, you’ll find that actually sending items hasn’t changed at all from iOS 10.
- Open the app that you want to share something from (e.g. Photos).
- Select the item you want to share.
- Tap the share button (looks like a box with an arrow pointing up, or sometimes just the word “Share”).
- Tap the intended recipient’s avatar when it appears in the AirDrop row.